Friday, December 3, 2010

Life: The Book Reflection

I kind of overwrote this blog with my new reflection by accident. Currently trying to find my old reflection (Accidentally deleted it Wednesday. 12/08/2010)

1. Go back and read the prompts at the top of the page (the parts that describe the project). How well does your final draft fully answer the prompt? Which parts of the prompt are answered well? Which parts could be answered more completely?


I believe my article answered most of the prompts well. I put a lot of science related subjects in my article, but I think I did a good job making it non-jargon. I also added in stem cell research because it is a very controversial topic that relates to my topic. I could have added a bit more economic issues, but I did include how pharmaceutical companies put out products for Parkinson’s disease but a large sum of people who took the medicine ended up having heart problems. Because of that, they lost a lot of money because of the FDA.

2. What aspects of my final product stand out and stand on their own as examples of high quality, informative writing? What makes these great?

Some aspects of my article that stand out are, how I said, my non-jargon scientific explanations, and how I talked about the effects, side effects, and medication of the disease. When I was talking about the disease I tried to explain it like how I would want it to be explained to me: “The more dopamine that is lost, the more severe the disease’s effects are.”

3. What aspects of my final product could be revised? Why? How could they improve?

If I could have gotten to have a very thorough interview with someone that had Parkinson’s, I think my article would be much better. I could write a lot more and I think it would just be way better in general. Everything in my article could be related to the person I interviewed.

4. Which of our class' writing tips were used best in the final product? What makes these specific sections stand out?

The writing tip that helped me the most was the loop as well as Concerts, not Pancakes. Both are pretty similar and I think that they really helped me with my article. I tried to make my opening paragraph draw readers in so that they want to read it and I tried to end it with leaving them thinking about the issues.


Self assessment...
5. Overall, this final draft deserves 45 out of 50 points, when judged purely on it's own as a high quality, informative piece of writing, because..

I believe a 45 out 50 would be a fair grade for me. I feel like I wrote a pretty damn good article but I think it could be improved. If I took more time I think it could’ve been better but I really think that the final product I wrote stands up on it’s own.

No comments:

Post a Comment