Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Questions about our writing...

I think that my big idea was most successful in my artist statement. My big idea is basically how you don't necessarily need to pursue the same career as your icon but you can still be heavily influenced by your icon. I think this was easy for me because I feel strongly about it. During this project people were wondering why someone would pick someone such as an actor, or a model, even if they have no intentions on becoming one. I feel that I need to use the concerts not pancakes writing tip for this statement, and I think that this has really helped me focus on making my statement really strong. I've been working on the intro and outro a lot because my first draft was terrible, but I feel that I have improved.

An aspect that's been challenging for me was the continuum. I knew exactly what my continuum with my icon is in my head, but it has been challenging for some reason to write it out. This resulted in people wondering why I bothered writing how I don't want to be just like my icon because that was all I wrote, but it wasn't what I meant. It also resulted in people having a hard time finding my continuum and big idea because I wrote it in a way that isn't very easily seen. I meant to be write what I wrote up there for my big idea. I want to make something that someone will find amazing, and if it's a movie or a song or something, they don't have to become musicians or directors if they really like it. They can see what I did and how I did it and take those skills and apply them to anything they want to. The most challenging writing tip was also the most helpful. The C-not-P tip made me struggle during this project but I really benefited from it at the same time.


Here is what I am currently working on; the outro.

I may decide one day to pursue that career, but even if I don’t, I think that I really benefit from watching Stanley’s work. I hope to do the exact same thing for future generations. Whatever I make, be it an excellent film, an intriguing book, or an artistic painting, I want it to be as influential as Stanley’s work was to me. I want someone to look at my work and think that even if they don’t want to do exactly what I do, they can do it like me. Although I am not particularly interested in doing the same thing as him, I hope that one day I can create a work of art that is as influential as something from Stanley.

1. Does this easily show the continuum?
2. Does this easily show the big idea?
3. Should I get rid of the last sentence?

No comments:

Post a Comment