Thursday, September 2, 2010

American Icon Ideas


Stanley Kubrick
Stanley Kubrick is one of the greatest directors and writers in my eyes. I thought 2001: A Space Odyssey was a masterpiece, as well as A Clockwork Orange. While some people find them boring or just disturbing, I think that they are brilliant films. Stanley became an important icon to me when I found my love for movies. He is a genius in my opinion and he represents great films to me.





Samuel L. Jackson
Samuel L. Jackson is one of my favorite actors, and starred in one of my favorite movies. Samuel did a brilliant job as Jules in Pulp Fiction. I love movies and Samuel has always been a great actor in my opinion. Before getting great roles, Samuel mainly played drug users and minor villains in movies. Now he is world-renown and loved by America.





John Lennon
I chose John Lennon as a possible icon because he is my favorite musician. He wrote some of the most incredible songs that really opened my eyes to the world of music. Music is a big part of my life as I listen to it constantly, and John Lennon plays a big role in that. John and the Beatles were originally from Liverpool, England. They moved to America and from then, their popularity sky rocketed. John Lennon inspired America and revolutionized rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment